Re: Topband: 160M EWE Problems

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M EWE Problems
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wes@attawayforensics.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 20:08:21 -0700
It sounds like you have a problem with either the terminating resistor or the matching transformer. Or, there could be a problem with your switching if you have more than one EWE. There is no reason why a EWE would behave the way you describe unless it is simply acting as a shortened U-shaped length of wire that is possibly coupling to your main TX antenna.