Topband: FW: 9 circle array

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FW: 9 circle array
From: john <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 11:00:19 -0600

When I  had my 9 element array going in the early 2000's, I did a receive only
version with 20 foot verticals. It worked great and compared favorably with the
full size antenna. It is still in place at K9RO in Wisconsin. All elements are
active. It is patterned after the W0UN design in ON4UN"s book. My array is also
in the book. I had every imaginable beverage, and the array was as good or
better than the best of them 95% of the time. Most of the 5% were times of high
angle, when things are very unpredictable, often favoring  a low dipole. The
winner was diversity with one channel array and one channel switchable beverage.

John K9DX