Re: Topband: A35T

To: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A35T
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:00:47 -0800
I listened for a 1/2 hour before and after sunrise
here and I occasionally heard them on 160, but
never well enough to call.  I did manage to work
them on 80 meters 1/2 hour after sunrise.  They
were a few dB out of the noise on QSB peaks.
Just enough to make a QSO.  Nothing to spare.
This wasn't a good sign.  Generally, 80 needs
to be be solid before 160 is usable.
I heard VY2ZM work them night before last.
VY2ZM's signal was huge, and not a whisper
from A35T.  I don't understand what is going
on here.  A pacific island should be a chip
shot from the left coast.

Rick N6RK