Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 05:30:54 +1300
So far I have remained silent on this topic, although I do have a very strong view, as follows.

I can understand the need for SSB operators to 'leak' downwards into the CW exclusive part of the band during a contest. I would even say take over two thirds of the CW only segment and come down as far as 1823. But please leaves us the bottom 10 kHz to use. Anything else is just plain disrespectful and rude.

Over the weekend, I was trying to keep my nightly CW sked with G stations. We decided to try 1811, but after a couple of minutes it was taken over by some US SSB contester, and we had to give up. I stayed QRT for the rest of the weekend.

73, Greg, ZL3IX