Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 14:33:21 -0800
On Tue,3/1/2016 2:01 PM, Roger Parsons via Topband wrote:
OK, so there is no reason at all from a contester's perspective why all the
contests and QSO parties that have low 160m usage should not have SSB
restricted to 1820 and above, and I would appreciate your help in achieving
this.

My question is why have SSB DX contests on 160M at all? JA has no SSB segment on 160M, which makes a 160M SSB DX contesting a complete waste of time west of the Rockies, and the limited allocation in Region One seriously limits activity. SSB NAQP is sort of reasonable -- I have no idea how our east coast brethren behave, but west of the Rockies, there's activity for no more than about 90 minutes, it pretty much stays above 1840, and it's a 100W contest.

73, Jim K9YC