Re: Topband: 160M 8 Circle Array for transmit

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M 8 Circle Array for transmit
From: cqtestk4xs--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:28:17 -0500

This may be a little off topic, but it's close.

Height limitations at my new QTH for only one tower which can be no taller than
90 feet.   It will be festooned with lots of tribanders etc.  However, in the
past I've always used loops on 80 since my towers were so tall and they
performed quite well.  However, I am considering a four square for 80.  One
issue concerns me.  I know that the ideal location is on totally flat ground.
Out in KH6 that is not a reality.  On the site I have a fairly flat location
considering it is in KH6.  The slope is even and slopes about five feet in one
direction, due north.  Any thoughts as to any problems with the slope?   My gut
feeling is it may be slightly enhanced in that direction, since it is about one
mile from the ocean and the elevation of the QTH is 1100 feet....quite a drop.

Also I would like any thoughts as to the best commercial system setup to use
with the four square.

Thanks for the help.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS