Re: Topband: Handheld Impedance Analyzer

Subject: Re: Topband: Handheld Impedance Analyzer
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 15:17:29 -0500
On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

> I don't have time to write off-list replies to questions that have general
> interest, so I'm responding on the list.

Same here. :-)

My "quick and dirty antenna analyzer is still a 10+ year old MFJ-259B. I
> also own an even older AEA sweep analyzer that can be jumpered for 75 ohms,
> and I have it set that way to measure 75 ohm feedlines.

I was also going to suggest an MFJ-259B (what I use), but it doesn't cover
the entire freq range specified.
It works for 75 ohms, if you use the digital display rather than the analog
SWR meter and (of course) connect it directly to the feedpoint with a 6"
piece of coax.

Jim just gave you very good advice. It depends on what you are willing to
pay.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com