Re: Topband: low band propagation at solar min

To: "'Carl Luetzelschwab'" <carlluetzelschwab@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: low band propagation at solar min
From: "John Kaufmann" <john.kaufmann@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 19:13:03 -0400
> As for low band propagation being better at solar min, I grew up believing
in this axiom. But in my opinion (and in the opinion of others) the deep and
long solar minimum between Cycles 23 and 24 (2006-2010) didn't live up to
this axiom compared to the not-so-deep and not-so-long solar minimum between
Cycles 22 and 23 (1995-1997). It suggests that all solar minimums aren't the
same. Perhaps a deep and long solar minimum is not good for the low bands
(and there is a physical reason for this). Again, we'll just have to wait
and see what happens.