Re: Topband: low band propagation at solar min

To: "jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu" <jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu>, 'Carl Luetzelschwab' <carlluetzelschwab@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: low band propagation at solar min
From: Charlie Young <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 20:40:43 -0500
Carl and John, your comments about the last cycle bottom not being as good as
the previous cycle bottoms were very interesting.

I missed the previous cycles you mentioned. My activity started here in Oct
2008 and the first two or three seasons seemed fantastic compared to later
years.  I am looking forward to the next solar minimum and hopefully the
conditions will at least be as good as the during the last one.  If they are
better, that would be fantastic.  Hopefully they won't be worse.

Speaking of the last minimum, I noticed E skip on 50 MHZ was better here than
in the last few seasons. I worked a JA in 2010 and 2011 but have not heard one
since, despite diligent listening.  Far fewer EU openings as well for me.  I
don't know if this is normal or a fluke, as I started on 6M in 2009.   Sorry
about the VHF comment on the Topband Reflector.

73 Charlie N8RR