Re: Topband: Working Europe

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Working Europe
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 21:06:31 -0400
Jim said:

​
not, necessarily, encouraging "ultimate stations" --- i.e., get 'em on the
band......

Precisely my point. Receive antennas are no longer just the domain of
ultimate stations. There's plenty of other options out there that are small
lot friendly, low-cost, fun to build. Plus, they won't get sick of calling
CQ after the first few months and working only the same guys (usually us).
Getting them on the band is great! Keeping them on the band is better.
Luckily, those two are not mutually exclusive :)

Mike N1TA