Topband: 160 meter starter antennas

To: Paul Mclaren <paul.mcl@gmail.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:57:24 -0400
Hi Paul,

Glad you are ready to work DX

Are the Beverage antenna transformer and termination resistor  close to the ground rods, with short interconnect wires.?

Are your coax cables buried to help with noise pick up.?

Some of the small metal loops are not as good as the larger wire home built ones. DX is getting much better  most notice-able at sunrise & sunset.
73
Bruce

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:25:25 +0100, Paul Mclaren