Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas

Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas
From: Aravind Balasubramanian <vu2abs@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 02:17:21 +0530
i just planted my first topband antenna. a homebrew extended length
butternut 2 v with homebrew tbr160 coil on a 30 feet pushup mast to help me
squeeze a slooping radial in my 40 feet x 45 feet tiny terrace. i was able
start my 160m dxcc ac with a ua4 on lotw.  Want to add one more hf9v and
convert it into a 2 el phased array for 80m with a compromise spacing of 50
ft (max diagonal spacing available). rx is a challenge. max allowed power
of 400 w dc input to final in vu land is another challenge. i plan to build
a dual waller flag http://nx4d10.wixsite.com/waller-flag/page3 and place it
as far away from the diagonal line of the phased array as possible. what
kind if interaction/detuning/directivity hit should i expect. for 160m/cqww
cw contest weekends i can try installing the flag in my neighbours terrace
temporarily.

assuming i add another tbr160 to the 2nd hf9v can i expect any directivty
gained by the 80m phasing on 160m. i will keep the linear happy by using a
tuner. has anyone modelled something similar?

any tips/suggestions welcome.

73 de Aravind vu2abs