Re: Topband: 75 ohm RG6 to 50 Ohm radio

To: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 75 ohm RG6 to 50 Ohm radio
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 03:46:47 +0000
 Yes Ed, You have the right numbers. It won't matter which windings are first
or last. You can even wind 4 then wind 1 more and use it as an autotransformer
where the 1 turn is added to the 4 for 5. Any of these will work fine at these
TOP Band and higher frequencies. This ratio is not perfect but will work just
fine. It would be 50 to 78 ohms which in our world is close enough.
 Let us know how your new 8 circle works. Maybe even compare it to your Hi-Z
4-square.
Lee   K7TJR