Re: Topband: 60' or 70' spacing on Hi-Z 4/8 element RX array

To: <n6bk@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 60' or 70' spacing on Hi-Z 4/8 element RX array
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:26:16 -0400
Thanks Bob,

70’ is what Lee use to offer ... I had a 4 sq with those dimensions (it was
stolen out of a self storage unit however). I believe Lee would do cabling for
either 70’ or 60’. My main focus is still 160 with 80 as the second ... but I
don’t want to neglect 40 as spring/summer/fall static can be horrendous. So the
total power isn’t an issue?.... please explain to me what exactly it means! So
ALL signals – noise and signal are reduced by this same amount – 6.6 db? And
assuming the preamp doesn’t add any noise then it would be – the same?

or put another way – say I have 2 of these – an 80’ on a side and a 60’ on a
side ... at the same location (but not interacting, or I can magically swap
them out)... what if any change is there in the headphones?! That to me is the
bottom line and what I’ve just not had an answer on yet.

g.