Topband: 4L spacing question on TB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 4L spacing question on TB
From: JAMES <57JNDenneny@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 17:27:51 +0000 (UTC)
I have been trying to study impact of spacing on RDF etc with the DXE 4L
receiving system using 106 inch active vertical antennas with phasing. Their ad
says 54 ft min spacing on TB. My spacing would come close to that on our small
lakeside lot. Two elements would be anchored in the lake. It is possible to
stretch from a square placement to a rectangle 54ft x 100ft but am afraid that
would really cause issues. Lot is too small for BOG and K9AY would really
messup lake vista.

I do not have modeling software or skill sets to evaluate all this against RDF.
I am fortunate to live in a quiet, rural setting as far as manmade noise is
concerned. When atmosphere is quiet, noise background is S1 to S2. Before
shelling out $2K for antennas, NCC-2 etc, I need to understand what impact a
compromised installation could cause. TIA

73, Jim K7EG