Re: Topband: Plasma TV noise

To: William Hill <w3wh@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Plasma TV noise
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 07:19:09 -0500
Hi Bill,

Appears to be a pretty unsolvable problem.  I had succes with one by
installing a K9YC type choke on power line cord but this one case was
unusual as the TV generated RFI regardless if the TV was actually turned on
or not (this case is documented on YouTube).

 Have not been able to put a dent in any other cases and one theory is that
the screen directly radiates RFI versus feeding back down the power cord to
the house wiring.  The RFI from the screen may then get induced back into
the house wiring, but not necessarily a direct path from the TVs power cord
to the house wiring.  I'm starting to think this theory is true.

Don WD8DSB