Re: Topband: Contest conditions

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Contest conditions
From: Steve Babcock <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:17:29 -0700
Another possible cause of the "one-way-propagation" effect has to do with
different arrival angles when using rx antennas.
The low-angle response difference between a beverage and vertical (esp near
salt water) can be very significant.
At arrival angles below 10 degrees these differences can be up to 10db.

Those using vertical rx arrays may have a more reciprocal response. Multiple rx
antennas are always good.

de steve ve6wz.