Re: Topband: Radio World; Noise Floor; Where do we go from here?

To: Art Snapper <art@nk8x.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radio World; Noise Floor; Where do we go from here?
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 20:33:03 -0500
These days, AT&T seems to have about a dozen suppliers. I'm not too sure
they even have a current contract with 2-Wire.  Six years ago they had not
gotten a spec yet that they could farm out. They were clearly still in
discovery mode.

My neighbor's 3801 went toast not too long ago, and it was not replaced by
a 2-Wire unit. My 3801 is still with us. His new unit is *also* NOT
bothered by 160 QRO.

I read the URL. The actual problem is hardly discovered in that situation.
It's kind of like blaming a leak in the pipes on the well pump. The leak
does stop when you turn off the pump, right? So therefore it's the pump's
fault?

Turning off the gateway can stop a lot of electronic activity all around
the house. Including a lot of programming in the set-top boxes. Careful,
careful.

Chasing noise is demonic.

73, Guy K2AV.