Topband: Echo on 160m yesterday morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Echo on 160m yesterday morning
From: "on7eh" <on7eh@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 10:32:30 +0100
For the first time,
I heard my echoes on topband, yesterday morning starting around 05 UTC.
They lasted for at least 1 hour, with some OFF-periods in between.
I had to quit at 06 UTC. (still 1 hour before surise)

The echoes were loudest on the short Beverages (<60m long) heading N/S and
NE/SW and several dB lower on the NW/SE Beverage. (about 130m long).
The Tx setup is modest with Elecraft K3/100 and inv L at 15m height, sloping
down to 11m.

Only DX heard that morning was USA (typical condictions) so I wonder what else
does hearing echoes indicate?

73,
Michel, ON7EH