Re: Topband: LDE on 160m

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: LDE on 160m
From: "Steve" <VE7SL@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 10:05:49 -0800
I had a friend (VE7BLF) many years ago who noted the same thing on 160m, with his 'night before' CW CQ's being heard 24 hours later! The signals were somewhat watery and not very stable...rather tortured sounding as if they had been to hell and back. The mystery continued for a few years but was never really solved ... we eventually decided that it might be coming from the neighbor's VCR.

Recently, VE7CNF reproduced the condition with a controlled experiment:

http://phasordesign.com/VE7CNFamateurRadio/VCRLDE/VE7CNF_VHS_Propagation.htm

I suspect that any LDE's of unusually long time spans may be a result of something similar.

Steve  VE7SL

New site location:

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook":  http://qsl.net/ve7sl/

VE7SL BLOG - "Homebrewing and Operating Adventures From 2200m to Nanowaves": http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/