Re: Topband: Bev-Flex 4 Beverage system

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Bev-Flex 4 Beverage system
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:21:14 -0400
I have heard that a 450 ohm ladder line reversible Beverage can be fed in the center or even off center without any negative effect. This is something I would like to do but have never seen any write up on the way it is done. I presume it would require a reflection transformer and ground on each end. But the means of feed the wires at the center or off center has be puzzled. Is the matching transformer fed across the wires or is between and open space on one of the two wires? Is ta ground required at the feed point?

Anyone who has done this with a two wire reversible....please let me know.

Thanks,

Her Schoewnbohm, KV4FZ