Re: Topband: 3C0L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3C0L
From: K4SAV <RadioXX@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:56:11 -0500
Great job by the 3C0L on 160. They logged about 900 Qs last night on 160. They started slow but picked up steam later. I can only imagine what that enormous pile must have sounded like on their end.

Also started hearing them 1 hour before my sunset, although weak at that time. Later they peaked at about S7. Typically ran S3 to S7 all night. Solid copy from my sunset until their sunrise (except for the QRMers) I wonder about the details of that short 160 antenna. They really had it playing well. Best receiving antenna was a 365 ft BOG pointed right at them. Normally my best receiving antenna is my phased EWEs but those were pointed at 45 degrees off them, so that's a 3 dB signal to noise loss, and the BOG was better.

Jerry, K4SAV