Re: Topband: No American activity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: No American activity
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 07:09:19 -0400
About 0300Z (11PM local time) the only station I heard was TZ4AM.  I couldn't stay on longer as I have to get up around 0730Z (3:30AM local time).

73, Larry W6NWS

On 11/2/2017 5:43 AM, Roger Kennedy wrote:
Well as our Sunrise seems to be too late in the night for many people, I
came on at 0400 last night . . . surely that's not too late over there?

The band was clearly open (got a +48dB RBN report from W1NT) . . . but only
had ONE DX QSO !

There were 3 other Europeans calling CQ DX too . . . again, didn't hear them
get any replies.

Roger G3YRO
  _____

Roger,
That is late evening/early morning in the North America. I'm fast asleep
on weekdays since I have to get up for work.

I try to operate during your sunrise on Friday and Saturday nights when
I remind myself to take a nap during the day. Not as young as I used to
be...
Mike N2MS

On October 31, 2017 at 6:15 AM Roger Kennedy <roger at
wessexproductions.co.uk
<http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/topband> > wrote:

There are usually several of us Europeans on at around our Sunrise (about
0630Z) . . .

But even though the band is open (as you can see on RBN), no stations
about
to work !

Roger G3YRO