Re: Topband: Propagation

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Propagation
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:09:28 -0500 (EST)
To put it simple terms:
Sun(spot) activity is low, atmo/ionosphere layers height has shrunk.
RF mirrors/ducts are lower, propagation is squished (sucks).
I remember 1958 when I could work the whole world at the same time with 10W Wehrmacht tank TX and (Windom) piece of wire for 24 hours on 10m!
Highest sunspot activity in my lifetime, never repeated since.

73 Yuri, K3BU/KH6

 On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 08:28 AM, Craig Clark wrote:

 > So, what IS going on? Why has propagation on Top Band (and other bands) been
so poor?
An inquiring mind would like some "ed-u-macation." I missed K9LA's
presentation
at W9DXCC this year.

Craig Clark K1QX