Re: Topband: DHDL matching Transformer

To: MR TREVOR DUNNE <ei2glb@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: DHDL matching Transformer
From: jeremy maris <jeremy@maris.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:24:11 +0000
Hi Trevor,

Luis IV3PRK has good info on DHDL, based on the original by George Wallner,
AA7JV
See http://www.iv3prk.it/TX3A-DHDL.htm

I use a 1200 ohm terminating resistor;  source resistance is about 900 ohms.
900/75 = 12 so turns ratio to match is 3.5:1    I use a 2 turn primary and 7
turn secondary on a BN73-202 core.

Make sure that you have a feedline choke near the feed to the DHDL so you don’t
get common mode noise.

They work well!

> On 28 Nov 2017, at 15:07, MR TREVOR DUNNE <ei2glb@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> My quest to better my station continues I want to try a DHDL can someone
> recommend a matching Transformer and what size termination resistor should I
> use,
>
> I have some bn73-202 cores and I wish to use 75ohm feed line,

—
Jeremy Maris G3XDK / G4AQG