Re: Topband: CQ WW CW 160m observations (high angle)

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>, "k2av.guy@gmail.com" <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ WW CW 160m observations (high angle)
From: Roger Parsons via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:58:37 +0000 (UTC)
Interesting observation Guy. I noticed what I am almost certain was very high
angle propagation on Sunday evening at sunset when I was only able to hear
Europe on my low dipole (very low, about 20' so a real cloud warmer). I could
not hear them at all on Beverages, SAL, or receive 4 square or transmit
antennas. They could not hear me at all on my transmit antennas which are low
angle. After an hour or so of this everything normalised and the 'better'
receive antennas became just that. Fairly soon after that the contest was over.
I have noticed this sort of effect before but never to this extreme extent.
73 RogerVE3ZI