Topband: FT8 and digital QRM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT8 and digital QRM
From: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:07:59 +0000
>I noticed a few freq cops on the cluster announcements where some FT8 users think they deserve clear
>space which we know does not exist is a shared band that we have.

What I have failed to understand over the years is why the digital stations were 'assigned' a spot in the middle of the 'CW bands'. How much less opportunity there would be for QRM between modes if the digital folks were up at the top of the CW area. This pretty much applies to all the HF bands.
A real head-scratcher, IMHO.

Disclaimer: I am mostly a CW op.

VE7XF