Re: Topband: Kostas' point

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Kostas' point
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:31:22 +0000
Do they keep DXCC records and listings?  Do they keep contesting records?    Sure they do.  Have individuals been disqualified from DXCC?  From a contest? You bet they have!  If technology is making it impossible to tell if someone is cheating, why bother to participate?  Just make your own certificate on your PC, print it and buy postage stamps at your local post office.  When you work another 25 countries,  paste a postage stamp on your homemade award.  It'll be just as valid as a DXCC certificate.  Operating skill is supposed to count for something.  Breaking the rules isn't.

Dave K8MN