Re: Topband: low inv-vee

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: low inv-vee
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:29:08 -0700
1)  I have yet to (and likely never will) install an RX only antenna.  Hence, I receive on the same inverted-L I transmit on.  It's been my experience that I still hear better than I get out with 500W.  Perhaps it is just operator skill that makes it possible.  :-)

2)  "Poor" is rather subjective.  Compared to some fellow club members who run NA7TB I have a poor antenna.  Compared to others with 40 foot verticals in deed restricted locations, I have a great antenna.

Regardless, I completed working my TB DXCC this season, which was my goal.

Wes  N7WS