Re: Topband: FW: [cwops] Topband season looking good

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: [cwops] Topband season looking good
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:13:21 -0700
One problem for us on (or near) the west coast is too many DX stations to the west QRT before our sunrise.  I rely on the SR enhancement and, probably more important, the diminished QRN from the east as the continental land mass becomes sunlit.   Of course, to the east it's pretty much hopeless most of the time, if it isn't QRN even when I can copy EU or AF it's QRM from the east coast that keeps QSOs from happening..

So far this season, it's just been UA0ZC (booming signal) a couple of days ago, HL5IVL (also good sig) yesterday and 5W0GC who was still building when I worked him through lots of static crashes this morning.

Had an 80-meter terminator path to TO6 a couple of days ago when he quit.

Wes  N7WS