Re: Topband: Beverage F/B using oscillator

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage F/B using oscillator
From: "Edward Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 13:33:49 -0400
As a point of reference - I have 4 terminated beverages from 200 - 350m long
(also 2 unterminated bererages).  I use them on 40 - 160M.  I typically see
10 - 25dB of front to back on these beverages.  On 40M and 80M, while
contesting, if I am not careful to first listen on the transmit antenna
before CQing, I can be on top of a US station that I can't hear because of
using the EU terminated beverage.

4db does not seem like a good result for a terminated beverage.

I can't speak to BOGs as I have not used them.

73

Ed  N1UR