Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?

To: roger@wessexproductions.co.uk, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Why no NA 160m Activity?
From: Thomas Hoyer <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:58:14 +0000 (UTC)
In my case I have been listening every night the last few weeks between 2300
and 0200 and find it hard to pick out anything due to the S7 to S9 noise levels
at my QTH. Not even worth calling CQ if I can't hear anything......... I may
experiment with a receive antenna this year but I don't live on acreage for
100's of feet of wire. Plus I have power lines on three sides of my yard.
Heard a couple guys in 2/3 land work the OH0 last night - never heard him
myself.
I'm close to 80 countries on 160 and have been stuck there for about 3 years
due to the circumstances with noise and limited room for an efficient RX ant.
TomW3TA