Re: Topband: Mixed RF grounds

To: "g4sgx@justfans.co.uk" <g4sgx@justfans.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mixed RF grounds
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 22:39:54 +0000
I looked into this some years back and was advised NOT to mix ground and
elevated radials.  Can’t recall why.

My elevated radials are bent in every possible direction, and cover only about
120 degrees of the compass. Still,  I’ve managed to work 147 countries on 160
and over 200 on 80 from a 11,200 square foot lot in San Jose, CA.  The point
being, you can do reasonably well with a compromise set up.  Just do the best
you can with what you have to work with and maximize your receive capability.

Good Luck and 73,

Bob  AA6VB
Sent from my iPhone