Re: Topband: Which compromise receiving antenna

To: n4zr@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Which compromise receiving antenna
From: Joel Gray <joelgray77@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:06:04 -0600
For the last two seasons, I had two 225' BOGs put out; one pointing NE, and
one pointing SE.  They worked well.  I also have a K9AY, and in general, I
like the K9AY performance better than the BOGs.  And it provides 4
directions in a small footprint.  Mine hangs from a tree branch.  I found
that occasionally one of the BOGs would work a bit better than the K9AY,
but not very often.  I am debating whether to even put the BOGs out this
year.  That being said, BOGs can work well, are pretty simple to do, and
fairly inexpensive.  I have not tried the reversible kind so can't comment
on that part.  73.