Re: Topband: : V84SAA

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: : V84SAA
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 17:51:42 +0000
I listened on 160 meters at my sunset yesterday Feb 8, at about 2200 UT and was able to copy (weakly) V84SAA calling CQ on 1.805. I called for a few minutes when they peaked up midway between my sunset and their sunrise at about 2240 UT.  I could no longer copy them at their sunrise, but could tell that they were still on calling.  At best V84SAA was Q2 or maybe Q3. At times I would have recognized my call if it came back, but, alas, no luck, and then signals started to fade. It did not take much fading to make them impossible to copy. I had listened at my sunrise yesterday morning, but heard nothing.  I overslept this AM. (again!)

Best signals seemed to come from my 100 degree  wire.

Dave K1WHS