Re: Topband: V84SAA SR report 15 Feb - ANd final schedules of operation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: V84SAA SR report 15 Feb - ANd final schedules of operation
From: Joe Reisert <Joe@Reisert.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:11:24 -0500
Hi Mike,

Jeff said they had preamp problems yesterday and are working on a fix.

73, Joe, W1JR

On 2/15/2019 6:06 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
Jeff,

You guys had a good signal on 80m y'day at NA Maritime/New England SS (your
SR). LP to the SE from here.

AFACT, the 80m op did not ask for NA (a shame) and continued to work EU all
the way through greyline.

Just at my SS -5mins and for at least 30mins afterwards, until just after
your SR, the LP opening\

was good to very good(at times).  First signals peaked on 80m, then suddenly
the 160m signals were much better than 80m for about 20mins.  Crazy.

There were LOTS of guys from NA calling you on 160m.(mostly W1/2 and me) It
was speaker quality Jeff

and definitely 419-519 (saw the S-meter actually move a few times-others
reported much louder signals).

Some reports on the on4kst chat, and lots of (frustrated) callers, hi hi ! I
should've recorded it, but was out snowblowing and raced in prior to SS and
forgot all about it. It was so good, had there not been any QRM, I am sure I
could've carried on a QSO. Anyways..with an inverted L on 160m I am not
surprised from my end.  At one point, I thought it may have been a slim..
..

I suspect some one way prop or something . You CQ'd in our faces (hi hi)
many times. :-O

A couple claimed to have worked you, but due to occasional QRM on your TX
freq I cannot say whether

you actually did or not.

Fingers crossed!

Keep up the good work.

Mike VE9AA

Yesterday it looks like 203 additional qso's were made on Topband.  Condx
were

good to NA from 1025z - 1100z - but rather poor later into EU.

We did manage to work 33 qso's into NA during the SS opening - after 1100z

signals drop rapidly though (like a rock) - so it is best to be there BEFORE
we

go into darkness.  We have seen this for several days now - and while there
are

guys still hearing us and calling us - we just cannot decipher the calls
after

1100z - they are about RST 119 at best after 11z.   Once SR occurs in W5 W7
and

W6 - signals get loud enough again to have a chance to figure out a
callsign.

GL to all

there are 4 more chances to work us from NA - 2 on SS and 2 on SR

Most of us depart on the 18th in the Am - so teardown is set for all day on
the

17th  -our  last operations  160m will likely end at SR our time on the
17th.

73 JEFF

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide

through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great

Britain, & Amazon

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB

Joe Reisert