Topband: 160/80M HQ9X

To: Topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160/80M HQ9X
From: Dennis Egan <egan.dennis88@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:59:52 -0600
My operation today nearly didn't happen.  We lost power at 2020z yesterday,
and it didn't come back on until 2340z!  But it was back on time, and I was
back CQing on the low bands.

Bands were fairly quiet but signals weren't loud.  QSB was on every
signal.  Often I would get "IK7....." then later, I could get "...7J..."
then a little later I could get the rest of the call.  A very lucky few got
their entire calls thru at one time.

In any case, I put 74 Europeans in the log on 80M, and another 29 in the
log on 160M.  I'm going to try and get back on at 0500Z Friday 2/22, for
European sunrise.  I will concentrate on 160, but if I can't get anything
going there I'll switch to 80.  I will also be on for CQ160SSB contest this
weekend.

Dennis HQ9X
W1UE