Topband: BOG height

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOG height
From: Paul Mclaren <paul.mcl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 18:08:09 +0100
Just a ‘simple’ question hopefully - How close to the ground should a BOG
be for best/good performance?

I am looking for any additional info that I can get to supplement what I
have found online already so good on the balun, wire type and termination
resistor.

My single unterminated beverage I have at the moment was transformational
compared to a Wellbrooke loop but the location it is in will soon be 80 new
homes so time to look elsewhere.  Current plan is a small number (maybe
three) BOG antennas switched by a remote relay but distance is limited to
200ft maximum in any direction.

Plan is to use the BOGs for 160 but also 80,40 and maybe 30m.

Regards

Paul MM0ZBH