Re: Topband: 160

To: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160
From: Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 17:05:23 -0500

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:45 PM, Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net> wrote:
>
> This is nonsense....

> That is only possible if someone has modified the software and is cheating
> the system...which I might add could be done with computers and creative
> software writing to any of the digital modes including CW....

That is cheating and not grounds for disallowance from total DXCC participation
for all users.

Certainly I can do that for one QSO if I need to run to the bathroom or grab a
quick cup of coffee etc....but if you believe for a second that the FT8
software is designed to crank it up, walk away for a couple hours and come back
later to tally up your take as you describe you are showing your lack of
knowledge of WSJT’s design.

Am I suggesting that some are not doing that...no...not for a minute.  Would I
suggest that all DXers are running no more than the legal limit when chasing a
new one or no more than 200 watts on 30 meters, or not using a remote station
element to gain an unfair advantage to add a new one...nope.

But it is happening...

Should we shut down the entire awards system because the possibility exists
that someone will cheat...I think not.

I for one think you should rethink your article before submission Alan...

Respectfully

Cecil
K5DL