Re: Topband: 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 23:29:23 -0500
Disclaimer here ….. I've never used FT-X … I still have a copy of DIGIPAN on a laptop somewhere that I used on PSK-31 a decade or so ago.

From this discussion, it "appears" that FT is a "one-button push" mode.

My question to the group :

If you are in your local ( not remote ) ham shack watching this process, and
IF the original software writer had intended for his software to
make THREE QSOs before the process stops..... does NOT pressing the button a second or third time somehow invalidate the last two QSOs ?

If the software would somehow alert the operator to press the button again
with a beep or screen flash at the end of a completed QSO,
 would that be acceptable ?

It all seems so impersonal to me … . .  regardless of the number of presses.

Don W4DNR

Quoting Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>:

You manually start a CQ sequence that can run unanswered for 15 minutes...but if answered and “answer first” is selected an auto sequence of trading signal reports ensues until the QSO is successfully completed or fails at which time the process stops until the operator starts the process again. It won’t start again on its own unless the operator starts it.

If it functions any differently it’s either been modified or is being manipulated by a macro...neither of which was part of the software writers intent or design...period!