Re: Topband: Drones for antenna installation?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Drones for antenna installation?
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 12:15:09 -0400
David,

That is a worthy question and one I asked
myself before engaging in making this. I
used schedule 40 PVC pipe and it has a
significant pressure rating. There are
other pipes with a higher rating and some
(can't recall the name) sold cheaply that
has a cell foam core. They are
light-weight and they are not for pressure
applications.

Schedule 40 is rated at 450 PSI. Schedule
80 630 PSI.

https://www.commercial-industrial-supply.c
om/resource-center/schedule-40-vs-schedule
-80/

or:

https://tinyurl.com/y2x5g9lk

I have never pumped my pressure tank to
more than 70 PSI to get over the tallest
trees and that 70 pounds runs the line out
to the end of the large open face spinning
reel attached to the barrel propelling a
foot long PVC spud that definitely finds
its way downward through the leaves and
branches more easily than a tennis ball
will.

If... the tennis ball launchers will also
propel a heavier PVC spud, I'd use that in
them as the difference in ease once it's
shot is remarkable.

But as to the fear of explosion, knowing
the PSI and using the pressure guage in
the hand pump relieved my concerns.

YMMV.

73,