Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 06:47:33 -0500
Plastic bottles are the coil form of choice on DXpeditions.  Excellent.

Mark N5OT

On 9/3/2019 5:55 AM, ly2ij@qrz.lt wrote:
Hi Pete,

Here is picture of coil I made to tune Inv. L at 9Y4 with 15-20 Ohm impedance.
It was tuned in 2 steps:

1. calculate and wound coil to rise R close to 50 Ohm
2. adjust horizontal wire length back to desired freq.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7eVBt5t8yCAvsaZg7

Used thin wire for coil, not sure if it is right or not, used what I had there.

73
Arunas LY2ij /LY5E