Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?

To: "'topband reflector'" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin match to inverted L?
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 19:36:20 -0000
Simple, resonate the vertical at about 1.9mhz. Then add the inductance across
the feed point which may well be in the 2-3 micro Henry region. But use a
variable L and slightly alter the L or top loading to get the match where it's
wanted. I have used a hairpin match and a T Vertical  for a number of years.
The only valuation consideration is the vertical design i.e. is it a T or L .
T being better, and the quality of the radial system.  73 Clive GM3POI