Re: Topband: Shunt feed question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feed question
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:55:18 -0400
FWIW, I had a shunt feed on my 97-foot Rohn 25 with stacked tribanders and a shorty forty on it. I spent a long time trying to find a 50-ohm tap point on the tower and was never successful, so I changed to an Omega match, which was very easy to adjust once the local broadcast station on 1550 KHz switched to night-time power (6 watts!) and stopped scrambling my antenna analyzer.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.