Re: Topband: Shunt feed question

To: Marty Ray <dxcc1@comcast.net>, Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feed question
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 17:00:49 +0000
  Marty,
  You may be seeing errors in your readings due to broadcast pickup. This is
common when modern R+Jx measurement tools are connected to large antenna
structures. Others have described ways around this problem before here on the
topband chat.
Lee  K7TJR  OR

Thanks for the response Herb. I can obtain a good match using the 65 ft tap
point, but my question is why my analyzer is measuring a change in the
feedpoint resistance (real component of R + jX).

Regards,
Marty