Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage
From: fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 15:29:57 -0400
Dave, Thank you for the info. That's another good option. Here in KY I have yet
to see anything bite into my feedlines and I have many on the ground. I'm
trying to keep the antenna from being seen too. I've had kids tear up one on my
Beverages. Thanks Fred KB4QZH
-------- Original message --------From: Artek Manuals
<Manuals@ArtekManuals.com> Date: 5/8/20  3:05 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Fred Moeves
<fmoeves@twc.com> Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage Beverage
made out RG6 coax is an easier way to go and easier to "manage" than either the
two wire or twisted versions. You can get a 500 foot role at the local big box
home & lumber for less than $40Misek's "Beverage Antenna Handbook" is generally
a good source , a few pieces of misinformation in there but that is what I use
. I currently have a "reversible"  470' beverage made this way and a 200' bog.
Also ON4UN's Low band dxing is invaluable read for beveragesThe only draw back
I have found with mine is getting good quality female F connectors. There are
reports that certain varmints like to chew the PVC jacket in the winter. But I
personally have not had problems.DaveNR1DXOn 5/8/2020 2:04 PM, Fred Moeves
wrote:> Getting ready to put up a 2 wire reversible Beverage and I have a few >
questions and looking for some ideas…>> Sorry I’m sure this subject has been
beat to death… I did some > searches but didn’t find what I was looking for.>>
My understanding is the wires need to be in the horizontal plane to > keep
everything balanced.>> Also I am assuming I can use THHN wire and twist it
together and then > put both wires on one insulator.>> Or another way would put
insulators on the side of trees and separate > them by a couple of inches…like
ladder line.>> Just wondering which way would be easiest to build and give the
best > performance?>> To me it would seem to easier to put 2 wires together on
just one > insulator.>> I will be installing this on the trees in a heavily
wooded area.>> It seems building the antenna with 2 wires and keeping them
parallel > and same distance from the ground will not be easy.>> Thanks>> Fred
KB4QZH>> _________________> Searchable Archives:
http://www.contesting.com/_topband - Topband > Reflector--
DaveManuals@ArtekManuals.comwww.ArtekManuals.com-- This email has been checked
for viruses by Avast antivirus software.https://www.avast.com/antivirus