Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage
From: fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 08:35:23 -0400
Gabriel, Thank you for the links. I will definitely check them out. The long
insulator screws in the picture looks interesting. 73 Fred KB4QZH
-------- Original message --------From: Gabriel - EA6VQ via Topband
<topband@contesting.com> Date: 5/9/20  3:55 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Fred Moeves'
<fmoeves@twc.com>, topband@contesting.com Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire
reversible Beverage Hi Fred,Might be you can get some ideas from
http://dxmaps.com/safontbeverage.html and
http://dxmaps.com/safontbeverage2.html73. Gabriel – EA6VQ-----Mensaje
original-----De: Topband
[mailto:topband-bounces+ea6vq_ml=dxmaps.com@contesting.com] En nombre de Fred
MoevesEnviado el: viernes, 8 de mayo de 2020 20:04Para:
topband@contesting.comAsunto: Topband: 2 wire reversible BeverageGetting ready
to put up a 2 wire reversible Beverage and I have a few questions and looking
for some ideas…Sorry I’m sure this subject has been beat to death… I did some
searches but didn’t find what I was looking for.My understanding is the wires
need to be in the horizontal plane to keep everything balanced.Also I am
assuming I can use THHN wire and twist it together and then put both wires on
one insulator.Or another way would put insulators on the side of trees and
separate them by a couple of inches…like ladder line.Just wondering which way
would be easiest to build and give the best performance?To me it would seem to
easier to put 2 wires together on just one insulator.I will be installing this
on the trees in a heavily wooded area.It seems building the antenna with 2
wires and keeping them parallel and same distance from the ground will not be
easy.ThanksFred KB4QZH_________________Searchable Archives:
http://www.contesting.com/_topband - Topband
Reflector_________________Searchable Archives:
http://www.contesting.com/_topband - Topband Reflector