Re: Topband: Activity Topband Left Coast Perspective

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Activity Topband Left Coast Perspective
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 21:32:10 +0000
Here is a report from West Coast morning Joe group. In some respect we are lucky. The seasonal thunderstorm noise is not real bad yet in the morning hours. I see a few eastern guys looking for OC and Asia in the morning so here is a list of the active stations on CW.

JA1LZR Joe, is a regular and has very capable station. Aki, JA5DQH (1000 UTC) is active mostly for East coast sunrise and has great signal and great ears. Other JA include JR1RJZ, JE1TSD, JA4CQS and JH1RZY.

AL7JX is active

ZL1AZ is active and has very good RX capability.

VK activity is very good in the morning. Signals are now not as strong as they were near the Spring Equinox but are workable most mornings. VK2WF, VK3HJ and VK6LW are regulars and have good RX capability. Add in VK3CWB and VK3NX for good measure.

While these stations are not rare they have provided great signals for propagation analyzing. 12-15K km contacts in the morning are always fun. With many I have enjoyed working them as they improve their stations capabilities.

Steve VE6WZ, AA6AA and myself spot most stations in the morning if they are calling CQ. You can find the above right now 1815-1828 frequency range.

73 and good DX

Stay healthy!

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35qj

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein