Re: Topband: OT - Bonding Radials at Intersections

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - Bonding Radials at Intersections
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 17:08:49 -0500
Among other things they will and can arc if very close or even intermittently touching. if they are not bonded the currents and voltages on each wire may be different enough to arc then you get interesting things going on especially at high power,. I had a related experience where I had radial wires stapled on a wooden fence. At one point two of the wires crossed each other, during a high power transmission the two arced repeatedly and set the fence on fire. Luckily the window of the shack faced the back yard and I saw it early on and went out an put the fire out and resolved the cause

Dave

NR1DX