Re: Topband: Stainless Steel for coil taps.

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stainless Steel for coil taps.
From: "Larry-k1uo " <k1uo@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 10:11:48 -0500
I agree Rick..  Too “clever”  but just enough to fool me.. once.
After I get the new coil ready (Using brass hardware to replace the stainless
bolts also) and find the sweet spot again using the proper coil clips, I will
SOLDER the clips onto the copper at that time without shorting out any other
coil turns.
Since this is a series coil at the base, I will use a shunt coil to match the
swr..  I hope that is what I am going to do and not blow up something else .